Saturday, October 17, 2015

Catch Up...Seriously Pathetic!

It's pretty obvious from my lack of posts that I've had one crazy busy year! But in my line of work, that's a good thing! Still you would think I could find a little time here or there to post once in a while...seriously pathetic! So I'll do a series of catch up posts with some of the awesome weddings Bella Day Productions has had the pleasure of doing this past year....enjoy!

Hokanson (Lacamas Lake Lodge
What a fun challenge this wedding turned out to be! Take a Game Tech groom and an artistic, Fairy Tale, forest loving bride and this amazingly creative theme was born. Call it Gamer Wedding meets Forest Elegance, a reflection of their fun personalities! This gorgeous fireplace was the backdrop for the ceremony. The pictures just don't do it justice!




The bride's request for the centerpieces was that they would reflect both the Bride and Groom; forest elements with game icons, a unique combo for sure. I wasn't sure I could pull this off, but they truly loved how it turned out! This was the first and only wedding I've ever done where the Groomsmen ran around and took photos of each of the centerpieces! Ha...take that!
               

The theme ran throughout the wedding with fun chalk banners used to add catchy Gamer references like this "Power Up" banner pinned to the backdrop behind the buffet. We used Rustic Crates mixed with elegant lace & satin clothes creating a stunning setting for the food.

The Head Table with Player 1 & Player 2 banner! (random guy in the background who ruined my shot).

Colors were Forest Green, Turquoise with Orange accents. What a fun and gorgeous wedding!

Molina (Scholls Valley Lodge)
This was a gorgeous wedding too! I guess I say that allot! The colors were Blush Pink and Gold with lots of Baby Breath! The rustic elegance of the lodge was the perfect background for this beautiful pallet. How cute are these Bride and Groom cookie favors! 

Another totally yummy fireplace mantel! I've decorated this mantel many times and this was one of my favorites. Love the combo of floral, photos and candles!



Seriously gorgeous roses! And if you are going to do Baby Breath....go big or go home! My floral designers know I'm not a huge fan of working with Baby Breath, but holy molly it's growing on me in a big way.

Heywood - (LDS Church Gym)
We've done allot of weddings in church gyms. You could say we've become experts at transforming the space so it no longer looks like a gym. It's a big job, but such a fun challenge. This wedding theme and color pallet was classy, traditional and turned out stunning! When you start with a big empty cavernous room, you have to pick decor elements that fill the space with a balance of focal points, accents and negative space. Give your guests just enough to draw their eye without crossing that line of filling every empty space with something. This gym (Stake Center) was huge, so there was a lot of filling to do. But I think we hit the balance just right. 

 

I am in love with this Red, Black and White pallet which some might think too simple. But it's the simplicity, the understatement of elements together that make it gorgeous and as elegant as any theme or combo of colors. The pops of red color through out the room was to die for!




 #belladayproductions,#ilovemyjob











No comments:

Post a Comment